UPSC conducts the Indian Forest Service (IFS/IFoS) Examination to recruit the highest cadre forest officials. The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination also serves as the Preliminary test for the Indian Forest Service Examination. This change is introduced in the year 2013. The Indian Forest Service Examination is also a 2-tier examination (Preliminary and Main Examination) similar to the pattern of the Civil Services Examination. Hence Civil Services strategy works to clear UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination (IFoS). It would benefit if you go through it as well.
New Articles – Revision Plan for Preliminary Exam – 2019
FAD Strategy – Foundation, Application and Dynamism
- Foundation – Studying and understanding of NCERT and Standard books comprise the foundation part.
- Application – Once you have gone through the NCERT and Standard books, it is time to recollect and try to correlate these concepts in real life applications. For example, applications of light, any innovative technology etc.
- Dynamism – Current affairs add dynamism to the preparation. These can be asked in three ways. Consider the new that president rule is imposed in a particular state.
- Direct Current Affairs – You can answer these questions if you regularly follow the news. Name of the state president rule is imposed is a direct current affairs question.
- Current affairs oriented Concepts – Now articles related to President rule may be asked. So concepts should be clear. These are already completed in the Foundation stage.
- Mixing of Current affairs, Concepts and Applications – Many reports, supreme court judgments based indirect analytical questions can be asked. These are most difficult to answer. For example, if there is a statement that says “Governor is an agent of the centre.”. In reality, it is. You may mark it as Yes. However, the Supreme court decreed that the Governor is an agent of the centre, but the bridge between the centre and states.
Most Important Areas of Study
- Environment, Current Affairs and Economy. Environmental Studies has become the most important area, especially, after IFoS exam is combined with Civil Services (Prelims) exam.
- Latest Laws, Constitutional Amendments and Landmark judgments
- Programmes, Schemes, and Policies of the Government of India.
Articles to Success
A few of the following articles are common to both Civil Services and Indian Forest Service.
- Books and Resources (Common)
- Study Plan and Revision Plan for Preliminary Exam
- Previous Question Papers (Common for Prelims)
- Scheme and Syllabus
- Posts, Qualifications, Scale of Pay and Number of Attempts (Common)
- How to Choose Optional Subject? (Common)
- 2019 UPSC Official Notification.
- General Strategy
Cut-off Marks (Prelims and Mains)
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination (Written)
- Main Examination (Personality Test) – (Common)
- Medical Test
- Service and Cadre Allocation (All India Services Cadre Allocation Policy 2017 (IAS/IPS/IFoS)) – (Common)