Do you want to crack any government competitive exam without coaching? Are you a working professional who can’t study full time? Don’t you want to spend your valuable financial resources on unproductive activities?
Then you are in the right place!
Securing a government job in India is a mammoth task because more aspirants are competing for fewer jobs. However, getting a government job is not at all impossible. The following strategy works for you.
If you don’t know anything at all, that’s actually good. Because empty pot can be filled with either proper usable material or with some unusable content.
Strategy for any Government Competitive Examination
- Are you determined? – First of all, check whether you are determined to spend the next one to two years with books and newspapers regularly. That doesn’t mean you should study for 24 hours. Consistently 2 to 4 hours a day on an average is sufficient if you properly plan it. Some cardinal rules are
- Discipline and Determination
- Don’t get carried away over a period of time.
- Choose Common Jobs: Your first step is to choose a Niche Jobs Basket based on your aptitude and attitude.
- Build Awareness: Once you choose jobs basket, Build Awareness of the Exam. Go through the Exam Process, Eligibility and Qualifications, Syllabus and Schema, Exam Pattern, Posts and Services, Scale of Pay, Salary and Allowances etc.
- Analysis of Exam: Now is the time to go for Analysis of the Exam. Tasks include Analysis of the Syllabus, Analysis of Previous Question Papers, etc.
- Select Suitable Books and Resources: Choose Standard Books and Resources.
- Planning: By this time, you have all the information that you need to prepare a Pragmatic plan. Based on Cost-Benefit-Analysis of Books and Resources and Marks that those are likely to fetch, Prepare the Pragmatic Plan. The plan basically includes the time period for each subject to be allocated to complete it, Small to Medium targets viz. daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets. The plan does not go as planned always. Revise it based on your performance probably once a month. Give proper breaks for entertainment, family and friends meetings. These gaps revitalize your brain for the next target that it has to go through.
- Practice makes a person perfect. Anyone does mistakes during the exam. But these mistakes are very costly. You may fail with 1 mark less to the cut-off. You need to wait for 3 to 5 years if you lose one attempt in APPSC because notifications are not regular as in UPSC. With more and more practice, confusion withers away. You can practice Previous Question Papers.
- Sometimes, when you attempt the previous papers, you may not be able to solve all questions in exam mode, but you can easily solve it in normal times. This problem is faced by almost all aspirants. Probably 95 percent people face it.
- When there is no content for a question, you can’t do anything about it. Just don’t waste your time for that question.
- When you have a lot of content wandering around the mind for a single question, organization becomes difficult during the exam. Prepare keywords for each important article so that recollection is easy during the exam.
- See question paper at least for the first 10 minutes and organize how to write.
- Don’t be in a tense mode.
- Revision: Revise before a month or two weeks prior to the exam.
- A few days (1 week) before the Exam: At least a week before the exam, Collect all the tools at one place that you require for writing the exam viz. Blue/Black pen, root map for your exam location, transport details, print out of hall ticket, a copy of identity card, original ID etc. If you believe in God, go to temple or spend time with your family for moral support.
- Exam Day Rituals: Be calm and peaceful on the Exam day. Do meditate for 20 to 30 minutes. Do not study anything on that day. Just go to the exam center and wait for the signal. Remember concepts logically so that cramming might not be required.
- During the Exam: You need to be more peaceful during the exam. If you believe that the question paper is tough, it is going to be tough for all aspirants. So do not take the negative thoughts. You can follow the below approach to attempt the paper.
- Go through the paper for 5 minutes to get comfortable with it.
- Attempt damn sure questions in the first 30 to 45 minutes.
- Then try to answer those questions you may think you know the answers, but you are in confusion. Take 30 to 45 minutes here.
- Finally, verify whether you can answer remaining unknown questions.
- Cultivate Personality Development during the preparation time. It cannot be cultivated in one day.
- Finally, get to know Post-selection process once you are selected.