It is very difficult to stay motivated during the Exam Preparation. You get demotivated many a time. When you feel exhausted or depressed, the following activities will help you to get back on track. You will be back to preparation in a couple of days.
Fear and Tension are universal. Everyone gets tensed during the exam. A little bit of tension is helpful but too much is harmful. Since childhood, you are frightened by parents, neighbors, fellow students, teachers that exams are a life and death situations. This made you not enjoy the studies. The subconscious mind keeps a track of the feeling of tension for all future exams. Hence cycle repeats.
Suggestions to Motivate, Get Rid of Fear and Tension
- Whenever you get a feeling of quitting, simply quit for the time being. Spend your time watching movies and spend time with friends and family. Spend more time with family and friends.
- Think of what you could do once you are selected in the exam.
- Meditate daily for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Read Bhagavad Gita. Adopt Lord Sri Krishna’s philosophy -“whatever happens, there is a reason for it”.
- Reevaluate the planning of preparation.
- Get a private job and prepare for a government job. This way, you will not have any financial burden.
- Know your self. Prepare a timetable according to your caliber. You can study 2 hours per day but can make them count.
- Take one day off every week. Go to the movie, concert, family, and friends. Don’t kill entertainment. Have a poster of your inspiration.
- Stop reading on the day of the exam.
- Think that everyone else is also experiencing the same fear and exam.
- Eat sufficiently before the exam because it provides nutrition to the brain and releases proper hormones to act fast in the exam.