A super-structure will be thrown into the air when a cyclone hits it when the structure is built without any plan to withstand the cyclone. If you want to crack Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) jobs without any coaching, then a special study plan is very strategic to succeed. One such model plan is presented to you. You can change it to suit your needs. This works for any examination.
The model plan assumes a preparation period of 1 year. This is the minimum time to achieve a decent government job. Let us divide the year into 3 seasons. Each season has 4 months duration (about 121.5 days). Each season should have a short-term goal to achieve. Within the season, only 100 minimum number of days are taken into account after discounting 21.5 days for unexpected emergencies, depression, entertainment.
Model Seasons Based Plan
Season 1: Foundation – 4 Months – 100 Study Days
- Aim – Complete NCERT Books and Start reading Newspapers
- Major Subjects to cover – NCERT Books, and Current Affairs.
Season 2: Standardisation – 4 Months – 100 Study Days
- Aim – Complete Standard Books and Comprehensive coverage of Current Affairs
- Subjects to cover – Standard Books and Resources and Current Affairs.
Season 3: Revision and Review – 4 Months – 100 Study Days
- Aim – Revise all the content that has been studied. Practice Previous Papers
How Much Can You Study in a Year?
If you combine all the seasons, you have about 300 days of study days. Consider you can cover 10 pages per hour. The number of hours to spend varies based on your profession.
If you can study 10 hours per day, then you can study for 3,000 hours. That means you can read 30,000 pages. This is more than enough to crack even the IAS exam (i.e UPSC Civil Services).
If you can study only 5 hours per day, then you can study 1500 hours per year. That implies you can read 15,000 pages. This is sufficient enough to crack the IAS exam (i.e UPSC Civil Services). However, you need to study with more concentration and pick only a limited set of books.
Daily Study Schedule
Daily study schedule considers all your nature calls, health requirements, revision, practice, and office constraints. This is not a fixed plan. You can change it to your needs. For example, If you cannot study different subjects in a single day, then read one subject in all sessions. Start reading the next subject only when the ongoing subject is read.
- Wake up at 4 AM and complete nature calls. Take milk if you are hungry. Avoid coffee and tea for they are not healthy if you take daily.
- First Study Session – 4:30 to 06:30 AM – Subject 1.
- Second Study Session – 06:45 to 08:45 AM – Subject 2.
- Breakfast : 08:45 – 09:00 AM
- Third Study Session – 09:00 – 11:00 AM – Current Affairs (Hindu Paper)
- If you are working, probably you cannot continue any more during weekdays. But the full-time schedule can be done on weekends.
- Fourth Study Session – 11:15 AM– 01:15 PM– Instead of studying, you can start making comprehensive notes so that revision before the exam become damn easy. Many aspirants suffer on this point. So your priority is to make notes for any subject. Take the subject that you feel difficult.
- Lunch: 01:15 PM – 02:00 PM
- Fifth Study Session: 02:00 to 04:00 PM: If the general aptitude is in the syllabus, then the afternoon is the time to practice it. Here you need more practice than reading.
- Evening Snacks: 04:00 PM to 04:15 PM
- Sixth Study Session: 04:15 PM to 06:15 PM – Practice previous question papers or test series or any type of quiz.
- Exercise, Bath, and Dinner: 06:15 PM to 8:00 PM – Excercise is very important to keep you healthy and mentally strong. Meditation, Yoga, and Walking help you to concentrate more on studies. Meditation increases concentration and reduces tension. Do it for at least half-an-hour.
- Daily Revision Session: 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM – Revise all the study material that you have studied so far on a daily basis. This increases the storage capacity of your memory.
- Sleep 10 PM to 04 AM – Minimum of 6 hours rest is needed for our body and brain to recuperate for the next day battle. Sleep sufficiently.
This is only a simple plan. Based on your requirements, you tweak it and finalize it. remember one thing- Plan always goes wrong. Analyze where the plan failed and revise the plan once in a month. All the best! Start planning!